Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Portland

Portland is where I've been for the past four days. My friend Raquel lives there in an old church that's somewhat outfitted for living. There are bedrooms and bathrooms and a large kitchen. However, to watch TV (I woke at 6 a.m. Saturday and Sunday to watch Wimbledon) I had to climb a steep ladder to a loft above the baptismal. There was good food, good weather, good friends, good beer and most importantly good times. The bird above, I believe, is sad to see me go.


8:08 p.m. Waiting for fireworks at the Willamette River. It didn't get dark until a bit after 10.

Stained glass in the sanctuary/living room/dining room of Raquel's house.

Afternoon tasting at Laurelwood Brewery.

Afternoon tasting at Double Mountain Brewery, Hood River, Ore.

Brunch at The Broder on Clinton Street.

1 comment:

the baron said...

i think portland looks great. i can't wait to visit there myself!